Lead Designer - UX Focus
About the role
Perfocal is a platform revolusionising the way people hire professional photographers. Since the launch of this version of product we have expanded to four UK cities and received over a thousand photographer applications. After closing a seed round we're now recruiting an experienced product designer to take our product even further.
As the Lead Designer at Perfocal you will set the UI and UX standards of the company while still being involved in all kinds of product design tasks. You'll be expected to work closely with all teams across the company from product to marketing and operations in order to provide the most consistent and smooth user experiences.
What you will do
- Identify and optimise Perfocal’s branding and design languages
- Work with and guide other team members to set the design standards so that everyone in the team can work autonomously from the same stylebook
- Define design goals and milestones, run design sprints
- Work closely with the product team, lead the design of end-to-end user experience on both customer and photographer ends, help audit and optimise user journeys regularly
- Ship designs according to product needs, track and test the implementation of designs in finished products
- Collaborate with product, engineering and operations team to drive world-class product designs
- Work closely with the CEO and product lead on product strategy and vision
We'd love to hear from you if
- You have 4+ years of design experience in making customer-facing applications
- You have 2+ years of experience leading design teams making internet products
- You have a portfolio with sample works in interaction and visual design across web and mobile applications
- You stay up-to-date with interactive and visual design trends
- You use data to help you understand and optimise user journeys, and you can reflect analysis results in your designs appropriately
- You know how to pitch design ideas and work cross-functionally using your strong communication skills
It'll be nice if
- You have a bachelor or master degree in related subjects
- You have experience working on a marketplace or on-demand service project
- You know a bit of coding, e.g. basic HTML & CSS, JS etc.
- You have an interest (or burning passion) in photography
- You have experience in a fast growing start-up
What we offer
Benefits Perfocal offers include flexible working, competitive salaries, substantial stock options, pension plans and many more. We value learning and will help you with your personal development where possible.